The Universal Solution to the Problem of "Self"Mar 04, 2021
I hope you enjoy this episode of The Rob Scott Show. Rob and Sarah discuss a variety of ways you can optimize your relationships.
Discover exactly what strategy will help you get along with others. The goal is to learn to build a shared narrative within the collective.
As simple as that sounds, we're often held back by the "story of self." Growing in consciousness is a universal solution to help us all get along better.
When we're in the model, learning how to master our identity is a valuable skill. It helps you learn to individuate, hold boundaries, and find shared values in a healthy way.
Other Topics Covered in this Episode:
- Relating to self, story of self, and consciousness
- How relationally driven the self is in any moment
- The psychological challenges of different relationships
- Relating and our identity
- The memory and history of our story of self
- Modeling, meaning making, and relationships
- The complexity of relating and relationships
- Building a shared narrative
- The “problem with bullshit”
- Unconscious modeling that’s constructing self
- The big problem of “self”
- Am I modeling effectively and usefully
- Exploring cultural implications of relating
- Context and the self-world model
- How to move out of time and into the moment
- Relating and The Fundamental Shift
- How your history rewrites itself and feels permanent
- The real function of “self”
- How identity can trick you
- Creating a shared history within collective
- Trust and betrayal in relationships
- Holding boundaries
- Re-constructing a brand new model
- Examining the “us” vs “them”
- Defining shared values within the collective
- Building a shared model together
- How do I optimize our unconscious meanings
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.