Less is MoreNov 12, 2018
Do you find yourself surrounded by clutter?
Is it causing you stress and anxiety?
This episode of the Rob Scott Show offers useful tips on how to be a more mindful consumer in many different areas.
There’s a variety of ways we consume. An obvious place we consume is in the collection of physical items. But this episode explores it all...
See we consume in other areas as well. This talk also explores ways we consume food, technology, information, attention and more.
The mindset of needing “infinitely more,” is just not sustainable.
The rate of consumption in our world is increasing quickly. Because the population has grown rapidly, we need to be mindful of the resources we have available to us. Growing better consumption habits helps to preserve the limited resources.
There’s a personal danger in mindlessly consuming as well.
It’s important we have awareness about what our values are. The key is that more isn’t always better, especially if it isn’t serving us.
Minimalism can have benefits to you.
There’s a value in “less,” because it keeps us out of overwhelm, stress, and decision fatigue. In fact, consuming less means more clarity. Which equates to more productivity and healthier financial habits.
True joy is not often found in the consuming. Instead it’s appreciating and valuing the things you do have. It’s important to discern what your values are and not simply buying more to “fill the void.”
Plus, clearing out the things that aren't adding value to your life leaves you space for more good to enter.
In this episode we also discuss:
- How mindless consumption harms us.
- Defining consumption.
- Learning about individual consumption.
- Understanding collective consumption.
- The cost of clutter.
- Mindless vs Mindful consuming.
- The impossible goal of infinitely more.
- The sustainability mindset.
- Planned and perceived obsolescence.
- How your values help you consume responsibly.
- Why more isn’t always “better.”
- Exploring the rate of consumption.
- “I want” vs “I need.”
- The different type of consumption.
- Dissecting the attention economy.
- Learning mindful spending habits.
- How to clarify your values.
- Ways we can add “ease” into our lives.
- The benefits of having less.
To subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, click this link. Please feel free to like, comment, and review. It’s great to hear from you!
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.